- Plural of shenanigan
A shenanigan is a deceitful confidence trick, or mischief causing discomfort or annoyance. The term is usually used in the plural, shenanigans. However, in some regions, shenanigans can merely refer to harmless mischievous play, especially by children. To "call", "claim," or "declare" shenanigans is to label something as deceitful, improper, or otherwise incorrect. It should be noted that the word itself is considered humorous, because of its unique sound. The origin of the word is unknown but possibly originates from the Irish sionnachuighim, meaning "I play the fox." The word is referenced several times in the South Park episode, Cow Days.
Shenanigan or shenanigans can refer to:
- Shenanigan Kids, a 1920 animated series by Bray Productions
- Shenanigans (television), a 1964-65 children's television game show
- Shenanigans (album), a 2002 compilation album by Green Day
- Shamrocks & Shenanigans, a song and a greatest hits album by the hip hop trio House of Pain
- Shenanigans (song), a song by Monoral